Sunday, May 27, 2012

Little Reader...

Since my son was still in my womb, I would hear to pleasing music and the classical ones too and I also read books to him, and when he was born my husband and I did not invest to buy him plenty of toys, instead we would go the the bookstore with him and buy  board books. I took a picture of him with his books.

This is the very first book we bought for him, he was 3mos. old here


4 months old
4 months old










When he was between 5 months to 6 months old he would turn the pages of his books and got fascinated with the colors and pictures he would seen..




6 months old
We even brought him to the bookstore to donate books, my husband and I used to do this ever since and now that we have our son we're doing it together with him.. :)



He loves to open his books than to play with his toys and I spend lot of times reading  books to him while pointing each words as I pronounce it loud and clear. I also read it in a way I could catch his attention by making funny face and loud voice so he would be more interested. There come a time when I noticed him turning the pages of one of his favorite book and I would hear his little voice such as "koo,koo,koo"... it's like as if he can read the words already...it's so cute!

At 9 months old he can identify some pictures when I ask him to point it.



And now that he is 11 months old already and as I have seen his interest in books, which I think its natural to all babies to get fascinated in colorful books, I began to research about the possibility of teaching a baby to read until I found on a networking site about Glenn Doman methods. I also watched file videos of babies reading as early as few old and how they progressed as month goes by.

I even made this self-made flash card to start teaching my baby to read.


And a few days later I see his progress too he can read few words already such as cat, dog and birds..terrific! I would like to stress that I don't force him to read, if  wants to do something else I allow him to do it. I only need to catch his most attentive mood and when he is receptive that's the chance we do the lesson.




No comments: